10.20.2006

Midsemester break!

YAY YAY~ this feels like the last day of school today...heh but we're actually just halfway through the semester. Just had Marketing midterm yesterday, I think I did pretty well overall. :) This morning, I had a bad news presentation for Oral Comm. and I did quite well too! :D So happy me.

But there's still a lot of work to do. Well, I have to finish my written analysis for the presentation today. I have to work on the logo and web designs for Consulting Club. I have homework due next week. I need to keep working for the different group projects I have. Lots and lots and lots... And my sisters are visiting soon, so I need to figure out how to use my vacuum cleaner before that. Of course, I never miss a chance when I could just relax and have fun (myself) hee.

I was quite disappointed that I didn't get into UCC Solutions. I just got a very generic email saying that too many people applied and I wasn't selected. Disappointed because it's something that I really want to do and am excited just by thinking about it. It is frankly, I believe, the best experience that I can get in my entire college career. At the same time, I was also kinda relieved, because I'm trying to take part in multiple projects this semester, and I'm not sure if I will be able to fully devote myself to that task. Nevertheless, I'll apply again whenever they are recruiting, I can't stress how important getting into UCC Solutions is to my future.

I think I haven't been actively looking for a job recently. I submitted resumes for a few interviews. Got rejected for one. Haven't heard from the others. But I know I don't stand much chance. Those companies are top, and they only take the best people. With my current cumulative GPA, I'm not signaling to them that I'm one of the best. And although it's said that recruiters don't focus too much on GPAs, I still feel that it's a major factor, which is very disappointing. I hope they would consider major GPAs more than cumulative. At least in my case, it's not fair to look at cumulative.

It is also not fair to not consider candidates who will require sponsorship to work in the US. What, unless you are super duper good then maybe I might consider letting you come work for me? Even for internships! L'Oreal's marketing internship program requires all applicants to be US citizen or PR. And they still say they are an equal opportunity employer...yea right. Regardless of what those stupid requirements are (I don't meet the min GPA anyways), I just apply and see if I'm lucky enough to find someone who appreciates what I do. *fingers crossed*

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment