10.09.2006

Undergraduate Consulting Club

*Yosh!* I am now a member of the Publications Committee in the Undergraduate Consulting Club! There are basically just 2 members on the committee (excluding the VP): one responsible for editing the content of our monthly newsletters, the other for designing the website, all promotional materials and layout for newsletters - that's me. :)

So for the next meeting, I need to have:
*preliminary design/template for club website - theme, color scheme etc.
*possibly redesign a new club logo

Had dinner with the entire board at Sun Penang in Squirrel Hill on Sat. Pretty new and decent Southeast Asian cuisine that is near campus (and more authentic than Spice Island imo). I ordered Penang Char Kway Teow, and it tastes almost identical to the ones you can get in hawker centers in Malaysia/Singapore. Strangely, my marginal utility for char kway teow diminishes very quickly (as compared to other food, even instant noodles). It has always been so and I never knew why. Heh, took me a lot of determination to finish everything on my plate. I really should have ordered Penang Prawn Noodles instead, because that was my first choice! But I don't know what made me change my mind in the end. Still not good at socializing with people. Hope to do better at our next social event.

I'm so glad that I finally got a board position in one of the clubs I applied for this year. I really needed that title on my resume, hehe. Still haven't heard from SIFE, even though he said he would get back to me by the end of the week which was like last week. UEA still hasn't posted the list of open board positions yet. Sigh, I'm quite surprised at how inefficient some of these clubs are.

My next major submission deadline is this coming Friday (Oct 13), applying for UCC Solutions Consultant position. So exciting! UCC Solutions (formerly known as CMU Solutions) is the ONLY student-run organization (it's now part of UCC hence the change in name) that offers REAL CONSULTING EXPERIENCE. Other projects that I am currently on (UMO and SIFE) just feels like "student/school projects," but this is something...professional. It's gonna look great on my resume and definitely something awesome to highlight in coverletters/interviews, especially since I'm applying to consulting firms. I really want to get in!!

edit: Link to current UCC website.

No comments:

Post a Comment