9.21.2007

A Link.

edit:
So I watched it. An hour+ long lecture by Dr. Randy Pausch. It was a very powerful talk, and I recommend you all to watch it at least once. You might learn something invaluable. I can't say I've learnt everything said in the lecture. But it sure has taught me to keep working at something if I really want to get it. I have been procrastinating my interview prep for the whole weekend. But that just shows that I don't desire it enough to make myself work hard for it.
..the brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.
Just simply freaking awesome. Go watch it.
* * *

update:
This post is about Randy Pausch's (CMU Prof) "Last Lecture" if you still haven't figure it out. There is a link to the full lecture on his website.
* * *

I received a msg from zheng this evening at 7:06pm.
His first words, after >5 months of no-talking-on-AIM, were "oh shit". Followed by a link.
I thought he msged me by mistake. (I was away, editing my sister's cover letter.)
But as a good friend, I went to click on the link.
Tears filled my eyes.

You may not be a good friend of mine. This prolly doesn't concern you anyway.
But given that this is the n-th time you're seeing this link link link, and the fact that you are reading my bs..

..are you going to click on me?

2 comments:

  1. heh, guess being you...you were totally surprised at his "head fakes"? think i got both though. wasn't that hard to sit through. i was playing with kobe too. i enjoyed the fact that he did put in a lot of effort in preparing his last lecture. a very brave professor. an inspiration to what teaching is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea i was!! although i read somewhere that said he gave his last lecture to his kids, but never occurred to me as i was watching it that THAT is a head fake. i mean it makes sense when he just point it out. just that he made it part of what he said in the beginning of the lecture, then it has an extra impact.

    ReplyDelete